LGBT Travel Association Launching Major Consumer Campaign in 2012
By: Andrea Cates on Jan 10, 2012
After nearly 30 years of providing key business-to-business tools for reaching the lucrative LBGT tourism market, the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association, a DMAI industry partner, is expanding its outreach with a dynamic business-to-consumer program.
This spring 2012 initiative will feature a new customer-centric website to better showcase destination members – with special sections to highlight deals, discounts and giveaways. Plus, IGLTA will maintain the valuable business-to-business model that has driven its membership growth into more than 80 countries.
“We’re designing an online platform that will create greater interaction between LGBT travelers and IGLTA member destinations,” said IGLTA President/CEO John Tanzella. “We saw a much-needed opportunity to help our members better understand and connect with a travel sector that is worth an estimated US$65 billion annually in the US alone.”
Additional benefits of IGLTA membership include:
- personalized destination profile on the IGLTA website, enabling other travel professionals and consumers to easily access your contact information, website address and social media feeds;
- access to the IGLTA Facebook page, including the ability to post messages that will be viewed by more than 4,800 fans;
- listing in the IGLTA Online Membership Directory, recognized industry-wide as the most comprehensive networking resource for LGBT travel professionals;
- worldwide access to networking events, educational workshops and training seminars to help you grow your LGBT business and work with your LGBT clients more effectively;
- subscription to the weekly IGLTA e-newsletter, providing you with up-to-the-minute information on the LGBT travel market;
- discounted registration fees for the IGLTA Annual Convention (next: 12-14 April, 2012, in Florianopolis, Brazil: www.igltaconvention.org.
Visit www.iglta.org/join to learn about membership with IGLTA.
Released: Jan 10, 2012 08:40 AM
1 Comment(s) — Latest:Mar 18, 2014 10:30 PM